Using Vespucci hand in hand with Segment makes its integration incredibly fast. It takes only a few clicks to start using Vespucci with your data. You don't have to add anything to your product code so you don't have to involve your dev team. An intuitive interface allows you to process the data from Segment by yourself, from Vespucci.
1. First of all, you must go to your Vespucci Dashboard to create a project.
2. On your Dashboard, within the "Your Active Projects" section click on the "+" button. Enter a name and select "Segment Destination" as the DataPipe.
3. Then you have to specify the "Tracking Method". This option is a bit less obvious and deserves some explanation. First, let's look at the big picture. You can think of the data from Segment as a stream. This "stream" consists of tracks and views. Vespucci will then consolidate these tracks and views into a session, a concept that does not exist in Segment. A session is a stock. It contains all the tracks and views that are performed by an end user in a single action sequence. You can choose to define this action sequence in two different ways.
Depending on your Segment configuration, select one of the two tracking methods and click Create to create your project.
4. Congratulations! You have created your project. Take note of the API key associated with this project (it appears in the "Your Active Projects" section), you will need it soon. Now you need to connect it with your Segment data. To do this, go to your Segment Dashboard
5. On your Segment Dashboard, from the Destinations Catalog page in the Segment product, click Add Destination.
6. Search for Vespucci in the Destinations Catalog, and select the Vespucci destination.
7. Choose which Source should send data to the Vespucci destination. Enter the API Key in the Vespucci destination settings in Segment. This is the API key you noted in step 4.
Book a 1-1 call with one of our expert to discover the value that Vespucci can create for your business